Trello is one of the leading project management free application currently available on the market. Top best spotted in this category is held by Wrike which has a score of 9.8 out of 10 and has won our Best Project Management Software Award for 2016.
Trello utilizes the concept of boards ( which correspond to projects) and within boards, there are cards (which represent tasks). The cards contain lists which can be used to track the progress of a project or to simply categorize things. Well-integrated and reasonably priced, Trello is currently one of the most attractive project management and collaboration system available on the market.
As a project management and collaboration system, Trello enables members to discuss a project or a task in real-time. It keeps everybody informed through task assignments, activity log, and email notifications. Members can easily be added to a board where they are free to vote on ideas contained in the cards.
- Free or zero pricing for the basic service
- Quick overview on front and back of cards
- Easy organization with tags, labels and categories
- Drag and drop functionality
- In-line editing
- Checklists, with progress meter
- Easy uploading of files and attachments
- Data filtering
- Archiving of card records (e.g. comments and changes)
- Deadline reminders
- Email notifications
- Activity log
- Assign tasks
- Voting feature
- Information retrieval and back-up
- SSL encryption of data
- Texts and visuals fit any screen size
- Search function
- Mobile functionality to access boards on the go
- Developer API